Monday, June 25

the love essays


It’s been too long. Seriously, too long. Not that anything is about to change profoundly in that department, but I miss you… this… really miss it.

Anyway, tol isn’t the only thing I’ve had a hard time finding time for. I finally found an afternoon to dedicate to the reading of Judy Clement Wall’s Love Essays which I downloaded earlier this month. The reading of those essays brings me out from under the bridge to make a brief comment here.

Look right and you’ll see links to Judy’s blogs, Zebra Sounds and A Human Thing. If you’ve been around for a while you’ll recognize her name, her blogs, her writing. You’ll remember her Love Project last year at Zebra Sounds. You’ll know A Human Thing for the dedicated extension of that project that it is. I’m a fan, and have been for a while.

The Love Essays are Judy’s condensation of that year of Loving Fearlessly, a wonderfully dense, honest, and lyrical exploration of how the year changed her and, in her humble way of saying, how the year changed the lives of the many that followed her journey. It’s kind of amazing. That is understatement, if that wasn't clear.

This is not an unbiased review of her work. To be fair to myself, I think my opinion would be similarly glowing if it was unbiased; if, for example, I’d been handed a copy with no name on it. But I wasn’t handed a copy. I downloaded it from Judy’s site. In typical Judy fashion, she’s left the cost for her work up to the downloader. If you can’t afford to pay, don’t let that stop you. For Judy, getting the truth of the Love Project – the power of what she calls Fearless Love – out there, is more important than monetizing them.

To be clear, I love that. The only thing I love as much as her giving it away is the thought that every person that can afford to pay for them will, and that she’d be able to do a world tour on the profits (because then I could actually meet her).


I'm stoked about Linkin Park's new album...


...just sayin'...

...

P.S. What? You’re still here? Go! Sheesh…